Gov. Gretchen Whitmer visited The Creamery, a mixed-income housing development in Kalamazoo, on Wednesday, July 28, 2021.
A written statement from Whitmer's office said she would be holding a news conference regarding her affordable housing investment plan.
- Affordable housing: Kalamazoo opens its newest mixed-income apartment complex
She was joined by:
- Kalamazoo Mayor David Anderson
- Kelly Rose, Chief Housing Solutions Officer for the Michigan State Housing Development Authority
- Matt Hollander, President of the Hollander Development and The Creamery
- Grace Lubwama, CEO of the YWCA of Kalamazoo
- Aisha Sturkey, resident of The Creamery
The news conference began at 12:30 p.m.