MENU

10-year-old accidentally swallows quarter attempting magic trick

magictrick.PNG
10-year-old accidentally swallows quarter attempting magic trick

CALIFORNIA (NEWSCHANNEL 3) - A 10-year-old California girl is thanking her lucky stars this morning after she chokes while trying to do a magic trick she saw online.

Morgan Renear has had a quarter trapped inside her intestines for more than a week!

She accidentally swallowed it while trying to recreate a magic trick done by Criss Angel.

Morgan was recording herself putting the two quarters in her mouth, but when she tilted her head back, she swallowed one of the coins, and then started to panic.

"I thought I was going to die. I'm freaking out. I was like, what do I do?" she said.

X-rays show the coin moved from Morgan's stomach to her intestines.

Doctors thought it would pass by now, but it's now been more than 10 days.

Doctors say she's lucky the coin didn't block her wind pipe.

We're told she is okay this morning.